Here are excerpts from the CFP:
The submission deadline is October 1, 2009, with expedited reviews promised by November 15.
Special Issue:Guest Editors: Brendan Galbraith and Rodney McAdam, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland
Managing open innovation in current and emerging intermediaries in the technology transfer process
We welcome a broad range of theoretical and empirical contributions to our understanding of managing open innovation in current and emerging intermediaries in the technology transfer process. Topics may include, but are certainly not limited to:
- The role of HTSFs in open innovation ecosystems and their relationship with other actors such as intermediaries and large firms
- The open innovation processes, facilitators and challenges in science parks and incubators
- Open business models of innovation intermediaries
- Theoretical approaches that integrate open innovation with science parks and incubators
- Management implications of the co-creation of IP for HTSFs, large firms and science parks and incubators
- Network relationships and appropriation regimes of innovation intermediaries
- Typology of the range, diversity and function of innovation intermediaries
- An appraisal of Chesbrough’s (2006) innovation intermediaries and existing intermediaries. Are they more open and effective in terms of speed, cost and reach?
- The application of user methods such as innovation toolkits and the lead user method to new contexts (eg. E-Health, eTourism, e-Energy, e-Government), and the role of an intermediary?