International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development (IJISD)
Call For papers
Special Issue on: "Open Innovation, Closed Societies"
Steffen Roth, Bern University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland and Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany
Jari Kaivo-Oja, Turku School of Economics, Finland and National Academy of Sciences, Finland
The contradiction between the vision of OI and the reality of social borders thus provokes the central questions to be discussed:
- What impact do political, economic, legal, educational, scientific, or further social borders have on both intra-national and transnational OI projects?
- What are the ethical dimensions of open innovation in general and transnational OI in particular (keywords: working consumer, prosumer)?
- What forms of international OI and what corresponding strategies do we know both from literature and from case studies?
- What opportunities does transnational OI provide for the establishing international justice in terms of a more balanced access to resources, competencies, and markets?
- What borders do OI strategies have to cross at the intra-national level? In what spheres of society does open innovation (not) work successfully? Are OI projects closed for certain organisational forms, professional groups, ages, or genders?
- Deadline for submission of manuscripts: 30 September, 2009
- Communication of peer review to authors: 15 January, 2010
- Deadline for revised manuscripts: 31 March, 2010