I would like to call your attention to the "Participatory Innovation Conference" (http://pinc.sdu.dk), which will be held on January 14-16, 2011. The conference is organized by the Danish strategic research center SPIRE at the University of Southern Denmark in Sønderborg, Denmark.Initial submissions require an abstract only. The conference plans five tracks
Participatory Innovation gathers theories and methods across academic fields that describe how people outside an organisation can contribute to its innovation. Join this conference to help identify ways for industry and the public sector to expand innovation through the participation of users, employees, suppliers, customers etc. – both on a strategic level, in concrete methods, and in the day-to-day interactions.
- Making Design and Analyzing Interaction
- Staging Design Anthropology
- Organizing Participatory Innovation
- Designing Innovative Business Models
- Public Procurement of Participatory Innovation
- September 27, 2010: Submission of abstract, material or intent to contribute
- October 28, 2010: Full submissions due
- November 12, 2010: Notification of acceptance
- December 12, 2010: Final submissions due
Editorial comment: I don’t know how “participatory innovation” is different from OI, UI, CI, O/U/CI, distributed innovation or even “open and distributed innovation.” However, they didn’t ask me for advice before picking the conference title.