The following article from the Journal of Management Studies, The Impact of Accumulating and Reactivating Technological Experience on R&D Alliance Performance by Holger Ernst, Ulrich Lichtenthaler and Carsten Vogt, published online 17 March 2011 on Wiley Online Library (http://www.wileyonlinelibrary.com), has been retracted by agreement between the authors, the journal's General Editors, Andrew Corbett, Andrew Delios and Bill Harley and Blackwell Publishing Ltd. The article is retracted due to errors in the reported empirical results, which form part of the basis for the conclusions drawn by the authors in the study. While the second author did not collect the data, he takes the responsibility for these technical errors.The second author (Lichtenthaler) was listed as corresponding author for this article.
Holger Ernst, Ulrich Lichtenthaler, Carsten Vogt, “The Impact of Accumulating and Reactivating Technological Experience on R&D Alliance Performance,” Journal of Management Studies, 48, 6 (Sept. 2011): 1194–1216, doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6486.2010.00994.x
Update, Sept. 4: People are asking for a complete list of retracted papers so I will publish one at the bottom of any article about a new retraction. The list is chronological by author and original publication date, not retraction date.
Bibliography of Retracted Articles
- Holger Ernst, Ulrich Lichtenthaler, Carsten Vogt, “The Impact of Accumulating and Reactivating Technological Experience on R&D Alliance Performance,” Journal of Management Studies, 48, 6 (Sept. 2011): 1194–1216, doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6486.2010.00994.x
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler, “The role of corporate technology strategy and patent portfolios in low-, medium- and high-technology firms,” Research Policy 38, 3 (May 2009): 559-569, doi: 10.1016/j.respol.2008.10.009
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler, “Product business, foreign direct investment, and licensing: Examining their relationships in international technology exploitation,” Journal of World Business, 44, 4 (October 2009): 407–420, doi: 10.1016/j.jwb.2009.01.003
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler, “Determinants of proactive and reactive technology licensing: A contingency perspective,” Research Policy 39, 1 (Feb. 2010): 55-66, doi: 10.1016/j.respol.2009.11.011
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler and Holger Ernst, “Technology licensing strategies: the interaction of process and content characteristics,” Strategic Organization 7, 2 (May 2009): 183-221, doi:10.1177/1476127009102672
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler and Holger Ernst, “Integrated knowledge exploitation: The complementarity of product development and technology licensing” Strategic Management Journal, 33, 5 (May 2012): 513–534, doi: 10.1002/smj.1951