The article “Not-Sold-Here: How Attitudes Influence External Knowledge Exploitation” (Organization Science (2010) 21(5):1054–1071, DOI: 10.1287/orsc.1090.0499) is being retracted after an assessment that the work violates INFORMS publication standards in two important respects. First, the citation to highly related prior work by the first two authors is quite incomplete. As a result, it was not possible to assess the novelty of the work. In addition, there is reason to believe that key results in the paper would not hold if variables included in this related work had been incorporated into the analysis.According to the acknowledgements, the 2010 article by Lichtenthaler, Ernst and Hoegl was presented at the 2006 Academy of Management conference and accept by OS editor Linda Argote.
Below is the complete list of retracted articles to date.
Bibliography of Retracted Articles
- Holger Ernst, Ulrich Lichtenthaler, Carsten Vogt, “The Impact of Accumulating and Reactivating Technological Experience on R&D Alliance Performance,” Journal of Management Studies, 48, 6 (Sept. 2011), 1194–1216, doi: 10.1111/j.1467-6486.2010.00994.x
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler, “The role of corporate technology strategy and patent portfolios in low-, medium- and high-technology firms,” Research Policy 38, 3 (May 2009), 559-569, doi: 10.1016/j.respol.2008.10.009
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler, “Product business, foreign direct investment, and licensing: Examining their relationships in international technology exploitation,” Journal of World Business, 44, 4 (October 2009), 407–420, doi: 10.1016/j.jwb.2009.01.003
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler, “Determinants of proactive and reactive technology licensing: A contingency perspective,” Research Policy 39, 1 (Feb. 2010), 55-66, doi: 10.1016/j.respol.2009.11.011
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler and Holger Ernst, “Technology licensing strategies: the interaction of process and content characteristics,” Strategic Organization 7, 2 (May 2009), 183-221, doi: 10.1177/1476127009102672
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler and Holger Ernst, “Integrated knowledge exploitation: The complementarity of product development and technology licensing,” Strategic Management Journal, 33, 5 (May 2012), 513–534, doi: 10.1002/smj.1951
- Ulrich Lichtenthaler, Holger Ernst and Martin Hoegl, “Not-Sold-Here: How Attitudes Influence External Knowledge Exploitation,” Organization Science, 21, 5 (Sept. 2010), 1054-1071, doi: 10.1287/orsc.1090.0499